Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Tango In the Night

Next month I head up to Seattle, Washington for my recently-annual one week vacation. "Recently-annual" meaning this will be the second one in a row. I haven't been to Seattle in five or six years, and I'm definitely excited to revisit this place that I was quite familiar with in high school/early college years.

I'm also excited because this means I have an excuse to get rid of a bunch of clothes I don't wear, in order to get new ones "for my trip". See, going on vacation is equivalent to the first day of school. Your fit gotta be lit.

I've been drawing inspiration from a handful of places, but I'm sharing three of my favorites tonight. I am also listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac, channeling my inner Stevie Nicks, which is highly appropriate based on the following looks.

1. Free People
Okay, can we just all agree how dreamy/perfect/moody these pieces are? Shirts that have depth and variance like the blue lace up top. Textures that your eye is drawn to like the red leather mini skirt. Versatile tunics with soft fabrics like the one featured in the third photo.. Ugh. I'm in love. Free People is really running with the 60s/70s vibes and I'm all for it.

2. For Love & Lemons
I just.. I have no words. Every single piece that this brand creates is STUNNING. It all just seems like it's always floating, and I love that. The dress in the middle (yellow) is my absolute favorite. I still have no words. I'm just drooling.

3. Daft Bird

Daft Bird is a designer I heard about via Instagram from stylist Ashley Glorioso (aka @pursenboots, also in the far right photo). There's something so appealing about a casual low cut t-shirt, making everything you pair with it look just casual enough, but also just edgy enough.

So. Time to revamp my closet and find some pieces like these. I'll most likely go thrift around for majority of the new clothes I wear, but I'll be sure to share once I go.

All images courtesy of their respectful websites: Free People, For Love & Lemons, Daft Bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment