Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"If I Win The Lottery" - A Brief Article by Deanna Pellerin

So. I bought a Powerball ticket today. The internet tells me that I have a 1/242 million chance. So, odds are looking pretty good.

I was thinking about what I would do if I did win the lottery, and I decided to write it down incase I actually do win, and then I can reflect because my mind will be so boggled that I won't remember what I wanted to do.

So, here's a list of things I would do if I won the lottery.

1. I would buy my parents a house in Napa and set them up so that they could retire and drink wine for the rest of their lives.
2. I would buy a dog, name him "Elton Dog" and design him a Yellow Brick Bone toy. I would probably trademark that as well, and sell it. Because why not?
3. I would pay off all of my bills. This is number three, because I feel like #1 and 2 are very important in comparison.
4. I would buy a house. I'm not sure where, though. The desert? Placerville?
5. I would buy a camper van AND a motorcycle.
6. I would start my t-shirt company.
7. I would open a bar called "The Porch", in which it would be constructed out of stoops and porches so that everyone could have porch hangs.
8. I would keep my job, probably. I get bored at home by myself and I really like my job and the people I work with. So I would still do that.
9. I would donate a lot to an AIDS or Cancer charity. Freddie and Bowie are gone now, because of diseases they couldn't control. We can't lose another hero.

I tried to think of ten things, but I can't.
I like to think I'd still be humble about it, and still do meaningful things with my life. I don't think I'd blow it all instantly and become a loser because of it. I'd like to think that my friends and family wouldn't treat me any differently, however, I think that's inevitable and that's what worries me the most. Greed is a crazy concept.

10. If I win, I'll let ya'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment