Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not Cryin' On Sundays.

I tried to take a little more of an artistic route with these photos. I knew I wanted to capture the soft light that drifts into my room early each morning, and mid-afternoon. I also knew I wanted to portray an outside point of view, looking in on myself. These are the results.

Dress: Hand-me-down from Carmen, Jacket: Thrifted, Shoes: Santee Alley, Shoe laces: Dollar Tree.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm about to be twenty years old. I've been thinking a lot about my accomplishments as a teenager and young adult, and I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. Within the last year alone, I've made incredible changes to my life, that have only benefited my well-being. I learned to leave relationships that were mentally and physically damaging, I moved out of Fresno and out on my own, I became a manager at a Goodwill Boutique store, I started my own online clothing store, I went back to school to get my AA in Fashion Design and Merchandising, and best of all, I've had more self-confidence than I've ever had in my entire life. If this last year alone was so great, I can't wait to see how my future turns out.

Alright, enough of that. This was my outfit today. It's finally started to cool down in California, and when I leave for school in the morning I'm able to wear a jacket and live comfortably. So it's pretty awesome. I've also been wearing heels as often as I can, because I can. And that's all I have to say about that.

Anyway, have a great day everyone. Next time you hear from me, I'll be twenty. BAI.

xx

1 comment:

  1. You are wonderful, and these photos are beautiful. Happy belated birthday. WHy have I never been to your blog before? I guess I am an idiot! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete