Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Back To Basics.





sweater - thrifted // shirt - target // pants, shoes & sunglasses - urban outfitters // socks - forever 21

52 degrees, cloudy and windy outside today in Fresno. This is an "I'm upset, where is my sunshine?" outfit - All black with a little pop of color at my feet. If I read that fast enough it almost looks like I said "a little poop of color". That's gross.

Anyway, I've been working out, and you probably can't tell. I guess the black doesn't help, because black automatically makes you look slimmer, but I am! I feel like I should mention that I'm not doing it because I want to be skinny. I'm already fairly skinny. I'm doing it because I want to be healthy, and there's a difference. Weight is a huge controversy in the fashion world, and I honestly think it's ridiculous, because a lot of times the argument is very narrow minded. Lots of girls are skinny, that doesn't mean they're anorexic or bulimic. On the other hand, a lot of girls are also thick and that doesn't mean they're "fat". Neither one is better than the other, because we are all women, and we all hold our own beauty. I think Madeline says it best in one of her older (yet one of my favorite) blog posts, which you can read by clicking here.

Speaking of Madeline, The Curious Closet will be selling a series of tie-dye'd beanies very, very soon, and Madeline has volunteered her name to be a style of beanie, along with many other lovely folks. These are the names that were picked, and will up for sale real soon!
The Madeline
The Haili
The Ashley
The Jeni
The Donovan
and hopefully.. The Eye. (Which is my favorite and in pre-production still, but if all goes as planned, you guys and dolls are in for a treat!)

Here is some other jibber jabber that I need to mention:
1. Go enter the contest to win the Floral Head Piece! It goes until Saturday, so you still have time! And for the amount of times you guys reblogged & liked it on Tumblr, I'd expect a lot more entries!
2. If there is a lack of updates, or an excessive amount of updates these next few days, it's because one of my really good friends is coming to town, and we're going to the beach this weekend! I'll probably post pictures from that, since it's sure to be a blast.

Happy Wednesday! The week is almost over!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment